Abstracts should be prepared in LaTeX (preferred) or RTF format and presented as described below. They will be published on the web site of the conference, which is freely accessible.
The deadline for submitting an abstract is the 1st of June 2018.
All contributed abstracts will first be considered for a poster presentation. The selection of abstracts for contributed talks will be made by the EGAS International Board.
How to submit an abstract
- Download the abstract template. There are two templates available – in LaTeX and in RTF format.
The LaTeX template is strongly recommended.
- Prepare your abstract and generate a .zip file following the guidelines below.
- In the case of LaTeX compress together the source .tex file, the figure file and the .pdf file to a single .zip file. The names of .tex, .pdf and .zip file should be in the form:
surname_name.tex, surname_name.pdf, surname_name.zip
- In the case of RTF compress together the .rtf file and .pdf file to a single .zip file. The names of the files should be as follows:
surname_name.rtf, surname_name.pdf, surname_name.zip
- In your conference account complete the form (authors’ names, institutions, abstract title) and upload only the .zip file. You may access your account here: LOG IN.
- Submit your abstract by clicking the “Submit” button.
Abstracts for EGAS 50 are meant to give a concise description of the work and results presented at the conference, accessible to a general audience of scientists working in Atomic and Molecular Physics and highlighting what is novel and original. They are strictly limited to one A4 page in length. They may include figures, equations, tables and references as appropriate.
Abstracts should strictly follow the templates provided here, in regards to the size of margins, choice of fonts, and other details of presentation. The LaTeX template makes use of new LaTeX commands for the correct formatting of the title, of the authorship details, of figure or table captions and of references. Please use these commands, so as to avoid discrepancies with the expected format. Abstracts will be published as submitted, and it is therefore important that they are prepared with care.
When preparing figures, please remember that the abstract book will be printed in grayscale.
The presenting author(s) must be identified in the authorship details (their name(s) must be underlined, as per the template). A corresponding author(s) and their e-mail address can also be identified in the authorship detail.
Please remember that abstracts must be received by the 1st of June 2018.
Your assistance in following these instructions is appreciated by the local committee.